Domestic animals provide a valuable resource for studying the genetics and genomics of phenotypic variation in quantitative traits as well as for the identification of mutations underpinning hereditary defects.
Current research interests
- Mapping of quantitative trait loci that affect health and production traits in farm animals
- Identification of disease-causing mutations and functional studies of proteins involved in hereditary disorders
- Discovery and functional characterization of microRNA in the farm animal genomes
- Expression of microRNA and mRNA in muscles in relation to growth and differentiation, muscle exercise and phenotypic traits
- Characterization of genomic structural variation